DATE                                    3  - 9 MAY 13

DISTANCE                           98.3 MILES

WEATHER                           MOSTLY FINE

START / FINISH                   BOWNESS ON-SOLWAY ................WALLSEND 

Hadrian’s Wall

Whilst hanging around at my limb centre waiting for Arty leg to get fixed I couldn’t help but notice a small leaflet sent out by the charity Limb power , cant say that I had ever heard about this charity before but then why would I ? Living up in Northumberland there is very little in the way of support or help for the Amputee community (in fact as far as I know there is no support what so ever) but as I had a while to wait and had already scanned through the rest of the old magazines that where scattered around I decided to have a quick read, much to my surprise I found an article about a future walk that they where planning along Hadrian’s wall. Now as anyone who know me will tell you, I like the odd day wandering out and about in the fresh air so why not try to find out a bit more about it. It can only be a good thing meeting up with like minded people.

One name I recognised straight away …..Mark O’Leary he has a web site that I have stumbled across: -

After bit more mooching around using the all knowing Google I managed to find the limb power web site as well :-

The limb power site is err!!! Well a bit boring but from it I managed to get an e mail address and things started to fly up and down the internet thingy. And before I knew it I managed to get myself invited along (I think that it was more of a case of making up the numbers than anything, but beggars can’t be choosers) and so I was on the team.

The walk itself is as the name implies a walk along the full length of Hadrian’s Wall starting at Bowness-on-Solway and finishing at Wallsend a grand total of 84 of your earthly miles, (that’s providing that we don’t get lost or decide to take a detour.) naturally there would be a few more miles added on each day as we made our way to and from each campsite. The final total was 98.3 miles.

 I have walked small sections of the wall before but must admit was getting excited about attempting the whole lot , the trip was planned over six days with overnight camp sites already set up for us , the distances each day where worked out accordingly. Naturally things changed and the daily distances changed with it.

 Before                               After

                                           Evening        1.33

Day 1 - 13.2                                            8.45

Day 2 - 14.7                                            17.24

Day 3 - 16.6                                            17.08

Day 4 - 11.5                                            12.40

Day 5 - 14.6                                            15.33

Day 6 - 19.1                                            18.42

Total    89.7                                            90.25            FINAL DISTANCE 98.3 MILES

AS it happened these distances changed as one of the campsites where moved at the last minute however throwing in the real total taken from my GPS the total that I actually walk the final total is 98.3 miles (walking to the pub"s and tea rooms?)

I felt quite confident until I saw the distances involved, and then just to make matters worse I managed to split the skin on my stump on one of my preparation walks, with only a week to go I started to panic a make matters worse I seem to be going through a shape change or should I say volume change at the same time ………….Joy.

Anyway the team.” The socket lickers ” long story don’t ask

Mark above knee amputee

 (Team leader) or 5 k mark as he became known.

“My name is Mark and the Limbpower Chairman, Kiera, asked me if I would help out with organising this trek as it was something I wanted to do anyway, and who better to share it with than those that have a vested interest in the welfare of amputees!  I lost my right leg above the knee in a motorbike accident around twenty years ago.  In late 2008 I had a titanium rod implanted in my stump that protrudes through the skin and allows me to bolt on my prosthetic without needing a socket.  There are various advantages to this, principally an increase in the time I can use my leg, and also some disadvantages including the need to care for the skin/implant interface and an increased mechanical complexity of my prosthetic.  As a result of this implant I rediscovered my love of hill-walking which began, naturally enough, with an ascent of Kilimanjaro!  It was on this trip that I met Andy, a fellow Hadrian's Wall participant.  Since that time I've climbed more mountains and completed some nice walks, mostly in the UK.  I've also become a Scout leader, helping to hone my outdoor skills (looking after a rowdy bunch of teenagers!), and live in Carshalton, south London.”

Andy: - below knee

 “My name is Andy and I have always wanted to trek Hadrian`s Wall so I jumped at the opportunity when Mark sold it to me over a pint! I lost my left leg, below the knee, about twelve years ago in a road traffic accident during my gap year in Australia. I first met Mark after seeing a poster in Roehampton advertising Kilimanjaro and signing up for it quite close to the trip! I really enjoy the walking and have kept at it ever since, joining Mark in climbing another mountain and various walks across the south of England. I moved to The Netherlands with work just over a year ago. I enjoy living here but it is probably the worst place in Europe when it comes to hill walking training! I have had to resort to an active imagination when setting the treadmill to hills! Together with walking the sand dunes at my local beach!”

Helen………. symes amputee

“Hi I’m Helen and I am a below knee symes through ankle amputee, following a road accident at the age of ten, my broken ankle didn’t heal properly and ulceration set in during my teenage years and I had my amputation in 1998. I would say I’m pretty much an all rounder and love to do anything which will challenge me; I have always been a keen walker and over the last 18 months have also got into running and cycling. I can weight bear through my leg which has an advantage, but it also has its disadvantages with the legs that I can wear because they are basic as there isn’t much clearance for anything hi tech so I do everything on the one leg. I am looking forward to meeting my fellow trekkers and experiencing this adventure, I’m easy going and don’t shut up once I get to know you so apologies now lol”

Ian………….. Team prosthetist

Fortunately there wasn’t much call for Ian’s Talents this trip, but it was nice to know that there would be help at hand should any of us break our arty limbs, other than that Ian proved to be a fountain of knowledge as well as a much valued team member, it was a pleasure walking and talking to him as we covered the of life’s true gentlemen

Kat………………….. Or care in the community cat as she became known

“I’m a physiotherapist and work in a prosthetic centre in London. I work daily with amputees so have a good understanding of prosthetics. I have only really specialised for the last 2 years so am still learning new things every day. I look forward to offering the amputees support and will endeavour to do my best to help as needed”.

I think that I can add without Kat I would have struggled to finish this walk, for the first time ever I got blisters on my good foot and without Kats help in dressing my toes I would have struggled, in fact it was a common sight for Kat to open her surgery first thing in the morning and have to patch us all up to some degree or another.

Meeting up

After much burning up cyber space with last minute e mails & phone calls , times where finally sorted and we all managed to meet up at the small camp site at Chapelside (port Carlisle). We all agreed it seemed daft to start the walk by going to the very start point then walking back in the morning , so after much buggering about , gear was dropped off at the site and we got dropped off at the start point at Bowness on-Solway.

The start from left to right Mark, Andy, Helen, Kat, Steve and Ian.

Some how we all managed to pile into a pub ……………….I am certain that there was a good reason perhaps it was to get the first stamp in the Hadrian’s wall passport but to be honest I wasn’t really certain at this point. But after a few drinks and much passport stamping we started, the weather was grey and damp.

Some info at the start point.

A grey wet day not the best but it got better as the week went on.

 Not the best start but a start none the less. Photos when taken at the start point, and then a few more then a couple more just in case, I never did find out what just in case was but that didn’t matter. And so we began our walk. It didn’t take long to get back to the campsite, where we where met by the campsite organizer  and given our first briefing, after that it was a case of lets go back to the pub for food and drink then back to the camp site for our first night under canvas .

First night under canvas, was err well a bit of disaster for me, being an old toughie and having a nice warm sleeping bag I didn’t think that I would need any cloths on, big mistake, I woke up half uncovered freezing, the wind was blowing a gale and I couldn’t be bothered to hunt out a base layer from my rucksack, so it was a case of zipping back up and snuggling right down, it seemed to take ages to warm up again …………lesson learnt.

However I just seemed to warm up and drop off when I was awoken by all the birds singing, time to get up; the weather had blown itself out sometime during the night and I was greeted by a glorious morning, a quick wash (very quick) as there was no hot water on this site and I decided to get the jet boil out and start to make coffee coz as you know I cant function without coffee.

A bright sunny morning to start our trip , may be the weather gods like us after all.

Eventually our organizer turned up and breakfast was had by all, then after a rather long winded brief off we went our first full day of hiking.  Weather wise it couldn’t have been better, bright but with a nice cooling breeze.

Well you have got to have at least one photo explaining what it is all about.

Day one

Today was an easy walk no hills, very easy terrain to walk along with stunning views over the sandy bay into Scotland, it was a day where we could see how each of us coped with any unexpected problems and a good day for passing on any walking info and tips and generally getting to know each other, and because the distance wasn’t that great we didn’t have to keep one eye on the time all in all it was a good day. we duly arrived at our next campsite (which had changed right at the last minute) and much to our surprise and delight we had use of a wooden chalet for showering or even better still there was a bath , after the last camp site this was really glamping it up.

A few photos from todays walk.

Time for some glamping.

On a personnel note, I had no real problems today, I couldn’t help but notice that during the day I had settled down a bit better into my socket, I still wasn’t fully in but I knew from past experiences that my stump tend to shrink after a days walking, I really wanted to get settled in before we got into the craggy section where things would start getting harder.

Kit was sorted, bathed and down to the pub for food and liquid refreshment. And I remembered to stick a base layer on before going to bed.

Day two.

Well someone has to be the poster boy.

Because of  the first day was shorter today was going to be a bit more demanding distance wise  about 5k our leader Mark informed us , in fact every thing was about 5k according to mark , but we all knew we had a biggie today , and I for one was looking forward to it . Our campsite for the night was at Sandysike farm about 5k away err I mean 17 odd earthly miles away. Breakfast was thrown down our necks and off we went, within a couple of miles we hit our first hitch, Steve wasn’t too well and was struggling, After much talking and thinking it was decided to split the team up, Mark and Kat would go with Steven to the Hospital at Carlisle which luck would have was in our area whilst the rest of us went on ahead abit. A sad thing as the last thing anyone wanted was to split the team up so early but the correct decision as Steve quite clearly needed some medical help. Whilst the rest of us went on to the leisure centre to get our passport stamped and drink coffee they went off to the hospital.

Eventually phone calls where made and on 5k marks orders we where sent on our way, and they would stay with Steven, some time later another call and its was decided that Steve would get a taxi directly to the next campsite and rest up And 5 k mark and Kat would do a high speed walk and catch us up. Meanwhile our route took us out of Carlisle along the river Eden and at long last out of the built up areas and into the country side, naturally we had to stop at any passing pubs and I even managed to convince the team to stop at unmanned tea hut, where there was a good selection of tasty treats and drinks with a honesty box for a well deserved coffee break.

Lunch was had on a roadside seat right by the m6.

Even now I can’t understand what made us choose that spot but there you go, we passed a dead cow, which caused Helen a bit of concern if it was dead or not and when 5k and Kat rung to see where we was naturally “we are by the dead cow was the answer”. Time had started to become a factor now as all thoughts turned to the evening meal with it being a bank holiday we wasn’t sure what might be open or not, walking speed increased but wasn’t a problem for any of us, it was easy going and I for one was really pleased to get out into the countryside then before we knew it we where crossing a small stream, taking a few photos of a small waterfall then entering Sandysike farm our camp site for the night. What really surprised us was before we even finished discussing evening meal 5k mark and Kat came strolling in.

I have to say that we weren’t hanging about so they really must have done a high speed walk to get to the campsite that quick, I was impressed, I know that I couldn’t have got there that quick even if I started off fresh, yep they both did extremely well and mark as you know is like me an above knee amputee.

Takeaway was ordered, beer was brought from the site owners, showers had and thoughts turned to Steve, sadly the walk was effectively over for Steve, for the rest of the walk Steve would join us for small sections at the start of each walk or at the end , I know he was gutted and so where we . A very good day in many ways but also a sad day.

A few photos from todays section.

Our camp site for the night.

With these views.

On a personnel note I found that the start of this  walk quite hard , the skin on my stump had split and was rubbing very painfully however as the day wore on I settled that little bit deeper into my socket and the sore spot was no longer a problem and with that walking wasn’t a problem and once again I realised that my stump had shrunk that tiny bit more which filled me full of hope because so far I was walking and managing when I wasn’t properly seated in the socket , I knew that I should be sorted and ready for when we hit the crags .

 Day three.

Today if all went well we should start to meet some of the wall, and as far as I was concerned we should start to get into my “back yard” and really see what everyone raves about , I felt that I was coming home, so far we had seen very little of the wall and rather flattish countryside , that should change today and they would get to see why I love the  Northumberland countryside so much , I prayed extra hard to the weather gods as I wanted them to see the craggy section at its best. The weather gods looked as if they were going to ignore me to start with but right at the critical time the sun burst out bathing the hills in sunlight. In fact it got a bit too hot (I know I am always complaining about the weather) on seeing the first proper bit (and it was just a bit) of the wall the team went well a bit bonkers, cameras where out photos were taken, I did try to explain that this was nothing compared to what’s ahead but did they listen, I think that the thought of kids in a sweet shop spring to mind.

We eventually got to Gilsland, now this where I think not only the best part the wall starts but the walks starts as well.

Thirlwell castle.

Having a well-deserved rest break at the old ruined castle of Thirlwall, Helen and Ian went off to snap a few photos of it, it was at this point we received a call from our camp site organizer asking us where we were, then he totally pissed me off by telling us we didn’t have time to see the castle or go sightseeing. I can’t write down what I thought of that suggestion but it got under my skin , here we are walking the wall and we just get to the real start of the good bit and he wants us to put our heads down and crack on ……………………I have to be honest he hadn’t impressed me with either his knowledge or what our particular needs might be and every morning wasted good time telling us how much water we should be taking , as an amputee we tend to burn up more energy and need more liquid that a normal two legged type and here he was telling us that on a hot day we didn’t need as much as what we were taking . What a ******. Anyway I won’t say any more about him other than there are other trip planners on the Hadrian’s Wall trail and I would use one of the others.

Just about to start the best section of the walk , we should take two days before we leave the hills and crags.

Steve was planning to meet us at the small car park at Walltown and join us for the last 5 miles, I must admit I was having my concerns about this as I knew that we had some serious ups and downs to deal with before we dropped off the ridge down to the camp site at Winshields, however my concern proved groundless as he had already decided that he would do a low level walk for a bit then drop down to the main road and get the bus to the next campsite.

In the meantime , the sun came out and we met up with Hadrian’s wall at its best , lots of hills to go up and down , pleasant but certainly not easy walking with a choice of several path all making their way along the wall some high some low , it was at this point the Pennine way joins the wall walk  before disappearing further north some miles further along , it was a pure joy to be here , yes the ups where hard work especially in the sun , I dropped behind whilst busy taking photos , but it didn’t matter we had the rest of the afternoon and evening to cover the last 5 miles or so .

Then trouble struck, whilst climbing up a rather steep but small hill, I started to lose suction on my socket, on reaching the others I explained “I blown the seal” which for some reason sent the rest of the team into fits of laughter, it was only later when things had calmed down and it was explained to me I realised what I said, fortunately Ian provided a quick fix which help sort it out till I could fix it properly later that night. However I did begin to question what’s going on in their minds, things didn’t improve when I went to redone the leg and wet the seal by licking my hand then wetting it , hence the team name that we were looking for came to mind the socket lickers? Seal suckers? Socket suckers? After much debate it was agreed we would be known as the socket lickers. Not a bad name eh?

For the rest of this section , we were all treated to some fantastic views all along the wall , with each climb up showing a bit more of what’s to come and a short stop to catch your breath gave us all a chance to see where we had come from , eventually we came to a small path which would drop us off the wall down to our camp site for the night , I for one was ready to call it a day , brilliant as it was I was starting to get knackered and was looking forward to a cold drink and shower.

A few photos from this section of the walk.

On reaching the campsite, I spent a bit of time padding out my socket and then fixing the seal valve, the temporary fix by Ian had done its job, but if I was to continue I had to get it sorted, it was also sadly time to say our goodbyes to Ian who had to leave us because of work commitments, Ian if you ever get to read this it was a pleasure meeting and walking with you. I also noted that I somehow had developed a blister on my good foot (“I never get blisters”) along with I had developed a very sore spot where the socket was rubbing. I later found out that a hole in my sock caused the blister another lesson learnt, as for the socket rubbing ……well that’s just life and I think that I was a case of my stump wasn’t having the chance to recover like it normally would, in fact I think that we were all starting to show some early signs of wear and tear by now, apart from 5k mark who still didn’t even look tiered in the slightest.

Day four.

Today was going to be another brilliant day, I had spent a fair amount of time padding out my socket as well as fixing the seal, however my foot was starting to be not a problem but something that I would have to keep an eye on.

Kats first aid clinic was set up, sometime during breakfast but at this stage I didn’t think it was worth bothering her with such a minor thing as a blister, again a mistake, Kat could have sorted it there and then and would have prevented it from getting any worse, however at the time Kat was busy looking at Steve’s shoulder, he wouldn’t be joining us at all today and would be paying the local hospital a visit to get it checked out.

After breakfast and another pointless talk from the campsite organizer, it was time to set off, the sun was shining and we were all in excellent sprits, even though we had a long slow uphill slog to get back onto the ridgeline and Hadrian’s wall, just to make life a bit more fun we would be joining our path just before Winshield Crags which at 345 meters is the highest point of this walk , naturally we had to play silly buggers and huge amount of photos were taken, but today like the day before was one of the highlights of the whole walk so why not. This good mood continued along the wall and once we reached Sycamore gap and the nearly world famous Robin Hood tree things got even more silly  , Limbpower tea shirts were put on more photos were taken and then we all decided that our arty limbs should be photographed leaning against the tree , this must be a first .

We pressed on slowly being cooked by the sun (it was far too hot for my liking now) when I decided we really need a coffee stop, so it was a quick side trip to Housesteads fort (fortunately on our trail), lunch was eaten, coffee was drunk and we all took the opportunity to have “stump breaks” this is where we would do any necessary stuff that was required to keep our stumps in good condition , I couldn’t help but notice that these stump breaks where becoming a bit more frequent as we plodded along. I will admit now that sitting in the sun whilst having lunch wasn’t perhaps the best thing to do and I was starting to get very hot.

Lunch was eaten then it was off again one last little bit of uphill said 5k mark, then it’s all downhill, having walked along this section before I didn’t say anything but smiled, eventually a nice cooling breeze sprang up which helped me no end (I don’t like getting to hot) and we arrived at Sewingshields Crags at 325 meters and from that point it was all downhill but first we all had to have the mad five minutes photo opportunity. Then with a cooling breeze it was time to say goodbye to my beloved hills and crags and we followed the path as it slowly made its way down to where it run alongside the road . There were still plenty of mile castles and turrets to see but we had done the best part and what a couple of days they had been.

However we still had about another 5 miles to go and we had spent a lot of time “mucking about” so it was foot down, what suppressed me was the speed that we were all walking, no one was struggling with the pace and we were eating the miles up without any problems, I was very impressed and proud of this group of friends. There are a lot of people in the world that could learn a thing or two by being with these people.

On route someplace we passed Brocolitia fort with its Churchy /pagan altar thing who knows what it is!  but I managed to scrounge a bit of silver from Helen and whilst the others had a five minute sit down we went and made our offering to the gods, I don’t know whether it worked or not but with the Gods it’s better to keep on their good side, then it was back up and onwards to our campsite for the night at Greencarts farm, I think that we were all pleased to arrive there it had been a long day, but a really good day.

Shower and pub food and I don’t know about the rest but I went to bed and had a really good night’s sleep.

A few photos from today’s section.

Day five.

As normal I woke up early, and as soon as I put my feet err I mean foot on the ground I knew that I had a problem, the blister had grown and was painful to say the least, walking to the showers was a nightmare, I was stiff, sore and hobbling ……………….this will never do, time to swallow my pride and see care in the community Kat and her morning clinic. Coffee was made and drunk and I popped a couple of pills down my neck whilst I waited my turn to see Kat.

Kat what a physio / team nurse , I know that I wouldnt want to face this sight first thing, but I have to say that she did a fantastic job on patching us all up and keep us going. 

Yep some things shouldnt be seen till after breakfast.

Kat took one look and quickly started to tape up and stick plasters around various toes , I will admit that I didn’t think that they would stay on but I pleased to say I was wrong and not only did they work they stopped all the pain and discomfort , (I know I should have seen her the day before) however she did give me a couple of big sticky dressing for the very sore spot at the top of my leg , I stuck it on only to find that somehow I managed to stick some pubic hair as well , this hair was ever so slowly being pulled from my private regions causing me a lot of discomfort , evently I decided to rip the hairs out once and for all ……………………………yes I did squeal like a girl , I noticed that Kat turned away laughing to herself .

But at least I was up and walking now and Kat if you ever read this ..................Thank you.

Today’s walk was going to be quite big “about 5k “according to Mark and I noticed that it took a mile or so for us to build up to normal walking speed (the wear and tear was starting to show now) except for 5k mark who didn’t seem to have any problems I did think that he could at least pretend to be a bit sore or something. Just for team morel or something. However After reading up on various walk reports today was when we would hit the wall ……………..mentally not actually hit the wall with our fist or anything but I have to say that we were all in excellent sprits and quite happily chatting away as if we didn’t have a care in the world , I also noticed that we didn’t have any sort of walking order , myself or Helen would set the pace for a while then mark, kat or Andy would take over and lead for a while likewise I also noticed how we all seem to rotate and take time to walk and talk to each other during the day , maybe that’s why the miles just disappeared , the terrain was easy mostly flat but the few hills we came across didn’t cause us any problems after what we went through the last couple of days but I was supprissed on how fast that we where walking.

We had a sneaky plan today, we were planning to stop at a pub towards the end of section, rather than go to the campsite then return, and so it was we all piled into a pub dumped our gear in a pile someplace out of the way and decided to try a bottle or two of ………..Dog Newcastle brown ale , this proved to be very popular , so popular I can’t remember what I ordered to eat , but whatever it was I sure tasted good , sadly we had to leave the pub as we still had .................youve got it ..............5k to go to our campsite , but again I noticed how easy we were all managing.( It might be the effects of the drink I"m not really certain either way) however we soon arrived at the campsite at Harlow hill where we went into our normal routine of getting gear sorted and showered. Yet another very good day. sadly this was to be our last night under canvas .

A few photos from this section.


Last day.

Sadly this was our last days walking together and it was going to be a biggie (slightly over 5k ) according to 5k mark and we couldn’t afford to hang around , Helen had already booked and paid for return seat on the train so we had to get her over the finishing line for about 5 pm so she could get across Newcastle to the station for her 6 pm train, I was fully aware that I was the slowest member of this team and the last thing I wanted her to do was to miss her train because of me so I decided to bring it up with 5k Mark , we decided that if (big if) we had to split the team up , the faster members would go with Helen whilst I would walk in on my own , after all I am a big boy and it is my home turf so to speak , Andy straight away stated that he would stop back with me along with Kat leaving Helen and 5k to speed up so all trains could be met. Once again I was touched by this I thought that would have jumped at the chance to get rid of me.

We also approached the campsite organiser about getting fed and watered earlier so we would have more time, we didn’t get much joy from him but he agreed to cook the sausage and wrap them in foil to save a bit of time. Provided that we had our gear ready! WTF!

Kat had done her normal job of patching us up, hopefully for the last time. So we were all set.

As it was he turned up, slightly earlier than normal, we made pigs of ourselves, threw the food down our necks and off we went, setting a good steady pace, the easy walking we did the day before had paid dividends because no one was walking badly and we were all in good spirits and determined to get Helen across the finishing line in time for her train.

But I knew things would start to get tight nearing the end and spent silly amounts of time trying to work out in my head time & distance ect ect then when smoke started to escape from my ears  I realised that because of the very good pace we had set ourselves it wouldn’t be a problem.

The walking terrain was very easy and turned even easer as we approached Newcastle, the weather also turned grey and wet; I have often thought that this section of the walk ruins the whole feel of the Hadrian’s Wall walk, walking along the river Tyne is ok and even walking alongside the quay side is ok as its now been done up and looks rather posh in places but then for the last two miles or so you walk along through Wallsend and the industrial estates to the segedunum its  well boring and I for one just wanted to get to the end just to finish it. Normally I get a sad feeling towards the end of a good walk , but today I just wanted to get it over and done with, this could be because I was feeling very tired by now , I recalled an earlier conversation with the rest of the team about this walk,  being a bit of a dick head I didn’t regard this walk as a challenge as such ……………Just treating it as a few good days walking with a nice group of friends , well the later stages of today turned from a nice walk to a challenge. However we made it to Segedunum in plenty of time and got Helen away for her train.

A few photos from this section.

After walk thoughts

Sitting round in the pub talking to the rest of the team seemed strange even normal, we had as group of Amputees walked along Hadrian’s wall, that is something to shout about but because we are just civilian amputees there was no press coverage, no big celebrity to say well done or anything like that …………..not that I personally wanted any of that but these good  people achieved something to be proud off and other amputees should know that it is possible to get out into the great outdoors  for multi day hikes , but sadly no one will read of our achievement , no new amputees will read about it and think if they can do it so can I instead they will set their sights on “on a good day you will make the shops and back” just like I was told.

We talked about what we could do to get other amputees to join us, not in such a big walk like this but smaller day trips, we have come up with some good stuff and 5k mark in his official role of Limbpower walking ambassador will try to drum up support, I wish him all the best in this project and will do all I can to support him.

My last thought on this walk are it was a privilege to spend time on the hills with this wonderful group of inspirational people, thank you for including me.